Vision, Mission & Goals
Mapleton School Board Mission
To provide a supportive and safe learning environment where students are encouraged and empowered to reach their educational and personal potential.
Mapleton School Board Vision
- We base all of our decisions on what is best for students.
- We believe that all students can learn and must strive to attain high academic achievement and personal growth.
- We believe we must develop and nurture intellectual curiosity and a desire for discovery and achievement.
- We believe our curriculum must challenge, prepare and inspire our students be successful at the next level of their lives; to meet standards for college acceptance, to work and live as contributing members in an increasingly diverse society.
- We believe that strong partnerships with parents and the broader community are essential to achieving the goals of education. We provide opportunities for participation, communication and understanding.
- We believe in supporting our school community by treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- We believe it is essential to attract and retain the best employees to serve the needs of our school community. We will provide assistance for improvement, as needed.
- We believe that adequate financial resources are essential for excellent outcomes.
Mapleton School Board Goals
- We will align and review our curriculum, K-12, with the Common Core Standard and ensure that our students meet or exceed standards. Throughout the year, we will conduct assessments, measure improvement and celebrate accomplishments.
- We will ensure that our staff has the tools, assistance and professional development training to meet classroom needs, in an effort to achieve curriculum alignment with the standards at each grade level.
- We will work toward excellence in the classroom; we will involve students, parents and the community.
- We will not accept mediocrity and will strive to be exemplary. Teachers will instruct bell to bell to prepare students for the next grade level.
- We will identify struggling students and provide intervention opportunities.
- We will ensure that every student has access to a quality education. Students will demonstrate necessary skills in preparation for the new graduation standards. A modified diploma will be the exception, not the norm.
- We will set the behavior bar high and be consistent with discipline at all grade levels. Students and staff will adhere to set boundaries and understand the consequences when boundaries are crossed. The Student Handbook will serve as the guide for students and staff.
- We will remain open to innovative ideas for improvement and change. We will implement change, as the need arises, through a collaborative process.
- We will be transparent in our District operations, to the extent possible, as allowed by law. Our dedication to integrity will be evident in all we do.
- The Board of Education will review and set policy. The Administration will utilize a collaborative process to implement the policy, district-wide, in a fair, professional and equitable manner.