The Mapleton School District is seeking applications for interim School Board member, position #1. The interim term runs June 10, 2020, through June 30, 2021. If an applicant desires to remain in position #1 beyond June 30, 2020, they must file for election by the statutory deadline through the Lane County Elections Department. This is a public election; there is no guarantee that the interim appointee will be elected by the public.
1. Resident of the District for at least one year as of June 10, 2020.
2. Qualified voter of the District.
3. Not an employee of the District.
4. Attend the June 10, 2020 School District Board of Directors meeting in person or via video conference and participate in the selection process.
In order to be considered, a letter of application must be received by the deadline of May 27, 2020 and include all of the following information:
- Applicant’s name as it appears on the voter registration record.
- Applicant’s date of birth (for voter registration verification).
- Applicant’s home address.
- Applicant’s email address.
- Applicant’s telephone number.
- Reason applicant wants to serve on the board.
- Applicant’s qualifications for the position.
- Skills applicant would bring to the board.
- Names and telephone numbers for two personal references and one professional/business reference.
- Answers to the following questions:
- Effective board members must engage in a variety of relationships; for example, with the superintendent, staff, other board members, parents, and the community. How do you perceive a board member’s relationship with each of these?
- Looking ahead to the end of your appointment in June 2021, what do you think will be the two most difficult issues facing the school district, and what would you do to address them?
- What is your definition of equity in the school district, and what would you do to improve equity in the district?
- Are you interested in the position only until the end of the interim term (Jun 30, 2021) or do you plan to run for a four-year term?
APPLICATION SUBMISSION METHODS
Applications may be submitted in any of the following ways:
- U.S. Mail to Mapleton School District, Attention: Jeron Ricks, 10868 E. Mapleton Rd, Mapleton, OR 97453.
- Hand delivery to the Mapleton School District High School or Elementary Office during currently restricted office hours, Attention: Jeron Ricks
- Email attachment to Jeron Ricks at email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE – May 27, 2020
In order to be considered, applications must include all of the requested information and be received by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27, 2020. Applicants bear sole responsibility for ensuring that their applications are complete and submitted on time.
The selection process will be conducted in a public meeting of the School Board on Wednesday, June 10, 2020. Applicants are required to attend the meeting and participate in the selection process; failure to attend and/or participate will eliminate an applicant from further consideration.
For More Information: Contact Jeron Ricks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-268-4312.
Posted: District Website, Remind App, Siuslaw News
Date: May 8, 2020