Mapleton School Board Mission
To provide a supportive and safe learning environment where students are encouraged and empowered to reach their educational and personal potential.
Mapleton School Board Vision
- We strive to base all of our decisions on what is best for students.
- We believe that all students can learn and must strive to attain high academic achievement and personal growth.
- We believe we must develop and nurture intellectual curiosity and a desire for discovery and achievement.
- We believe our curriculum must challenge, prepare and inspire our students be successful at the next level of their lives; to meet standards for college acceptance, to work and live as contributing members in an increasingly diverse society.
- We believe that strong partnerships with parents and the broader community are essential to achieving the goals of education. We provide opportunities for participation, communication and understanding.
- We believe in supporting our school community by treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- We believe it is essential to attract and retain the best employees to serve the needs of our school community. We will provide assistance for improvement, as needed.
- We believe that adequate financial resources are essential for excellent outcomes.
Mapleton School Board Goals
In the ever-changing COVID-19 environment, the district will continue to work to provide new comprehensive systems and support services to facilitate student and staff success, both academically and personally.
Continue to support engagement with district community in the COVID-19 virtual environment (staff, students, parents) to elicit feedback that will help focus district direction.
Support district staff efforts to continually improve classroom instruction and student success in all modes of learning, remote or in person.
Continue to consider appropriate school mode based on county and state health metrics and local district needs.
We re-visit and create goals, coming out of COVID-19